Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thing #11

Okay, I can tag my blog posts. If I need tags to find them, then I've probably got too many. Looking forward to deleting the whole thing someday. Being a cataloger, I'm not huge fan of the folksonomy approach. I want a controlled vocabulary -- but one that is easier to update and more useful than LCSH.
Created a Del.icio.us account. Stupid name for a website -- I have to consciously remember where the dots go. Was unable to put the bookmarklets (or whatever they're called) on my toolbar because this "violates the acceptable use policy." Makes Delicious much less useful at work...
I don't usually have a lot of trouble finding my bookmarked sites. Either they're bookmarked on the computer where I most frequently need them, or I can google them faster than I can log into Delicious to retrieve them.
It was interesting to see how many other people had bookmarked some of my favorite sites (like Fantastic Fiction).
All in all, this is another Thing that I don't feel I have the time to use properly. It could be a very valuable research tool for someone with a big project to do and a lot of time to spend in front of the computer.

No comments: