Friday, September 19, 2008

Thing #13

I've been using iGoogle as my home page at home for ages. I love my little Zen fox who goes through his day without a care in the world. The gadgets I've added are not necessarily related to productivity (People headlines, phases of the moon, color schemes). I've added both Google Calendar and Remember the Milk, but can't seem to get them to work TOGETHER. I'd probably be better off with a simple checklist -- as I don't need to assign a time of day to everything I do at home.
At work, I have always been happy with my post-it lists. Putting them on the computer probably wouldn't make me more productive.
I have put the T.S. vacation calendar online. Big resistance from the staff at first. They were used to each getting their own paper calendar every month. They weren't convinced by my argument about saving trees. The best thing about the online version is that I can change it every time someone submits a new request, so it is relatively up-to-date.
One thing I've always been is a big fan of office supplies -- planners, little notebooks, colorful pens, stickers, fancy Post-It notes, calendars with pockets or beautiful pictures. They bring a sense of hope and order to my life. The computer just doesn't have the same feel...

No comments: